Major innovations in the field of hair transplantation have come a long way. The technology and the tools used nowadays in Hair Transplants are so sophisticated that the patient has the minimum discomfort, almost invisible scarring, shorter healing periods, and less...
It Is Safe To Undergo Hair Transplant During Covid-19
It is a very interesting and important question we received from many people during this season. We want to aware them with this blog. As in India, “normal life” is locked in because the government and related professionals are dealing with the COVID 19 crisis. We are all aware that this situation remains volatile and alarming for all of us.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is a current pandemic that is leading to severe ramifications throughout the world. As a designated health facility, the Cyber Hairsure Clinic Hyderabad is reopened for hair transplants, but with additional precautions to ensure the safety of patients and clinical staff. We believe we can reopen the clinic for hair transplants. We will implement strict hygiene and enforce the social distance policy and will do everything we can to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 to our patients or employees.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a virus. Earlier several coronavirus strains like SARS and MERS made people sick. This specific type of coronavirus is called COVID-19 and causes symptoms such as:
- Breathing difficulties (like shortness of breath)
- Loss of smell or taste
- Blisters, bumps or discolouration of toes
Covid-19 And its effects on Hair transplant:
First of all, Cyber Hairsure Clinic feels genuinely committed to the needs of all our patients at this challenging time. However, people will continue to experience problems with hair loss and scalp and will continue to seek targeted help, evaluation, and treatment. Rest assured that we have been there for care and support and will continue to do so!
We also know how hair and scalp problems cause stress and anxiety. Therefore, we appreciate the increased confidence that comes with successful hair restoration treatments. With this in mind, we are still ready to help you answer all your questions about hair recovery in practice, as long as we take all reasonable precautions.
It Is Possible to undergo Hair Transplant During Covid-19:
Yes, it is possible to undergo hair transplant surgery as the government has unlocked all the medical institutions with strict adherence to guidelines laid by the government. Our clinic strictly follows instructions provided by IHRS ( International Society of Hair Restoration) for the procedure. As a designated health care facility, Cyber Hairsure Clinic gradually returns to consultation and surgery. As a clinic, we follow precautions against much more severe illnesses such as hepatitis B and HIV, even though they are more challenging to catch than COVID-19.
However, we have established a protocol to ensure that our surgical facility is COVID-19 Secure. This includes measures such as increasing PPE for staff and limiting the number of patients in the clinic at the same time. The main points that our patients need to know are:
- You will be asked to complete a COVID questionnaire before your appointment
- Your temperature is measured when you enter
- Also, the use of hand disinfectants by the clinic staff, surgeons, and patients ensure hygiene
- You are asked to wear a mask to protect yourself and your personnel if someone is positive without symptoms.
- Limitations of Visitors accompanying the patients
- Use appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) equipment as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or other equivalent government agencies.
- Maintain social distancing
- Placing chairs in the clinic 8 feet apart to avoid physical contact.
- Thorough and diligent disinfectant procedures in the clinic.
- As a clinic, we routinely ask patients about their relevant history of COVID-19 about their health and contacts. Patients must provide accurate information.
- Follow social distance instructions to limit patient contact, whether in consultation or during the procedure and arrange the appropriate waiting room.
- As part of an infection prevention strategy, we usually take a relevant medical history and daily temperature monitoring from all clinic staff and patients. Also, if available, follow all government guidelines for using personnel monitoring tests.
- In addition to the proper use of PPE, suitable cleaning, disinfection and sterilization procedures are used in all offices/clinics. Appropriate methods are also used to dispose of contaminated material.
- We tell patients about the protocol for washing hands in the office/clinic and changing gloves, clothes, and masks.
- Ensure the public that employees have received additional training on the correct methods for controlling COVID-19 infections.
It’s important to remember that we are a medical practice and our surgeons have years of experience in controlling infections and adhering to medical hygiene standards. We already have a very high level of cleanliness in our clinic. All our staff are also well trained in this field to ensure that all fields of activity are maintained to the highest hygiene standards to reduce the risk of infection. But We have adapted the guidelines of the International Society for Hair Recovery Surgery for use in our clinic. We have conducted a COVID-19 risk assessment for each patient travelling through our clinic and have taken steps to minimize risk.
We, therefore, hope that the risk of coronavirus infection is significantly lower than in weekly supermarkets, but there is no guarantee that the risk of contracting will be zero. This is because of the nature of the virus.
What are the risks associated with hair transplantation and COVID-19?
There is no scientific evidence to correlate hair transplantation and COVID-19. Interviewing patients who have undergone hair transplantation surgery in our clinic showed no evidence to the contrary.
Can I proceed with a hair transplant?
As this is a surgical decision, both the patient and the surgeon must weigh all the risks and benefits of hair transplantation. This is a balance between the “medical needs” of patients for hair transplantation and the risk of becoming infected with the virus, as assessed by patients and surgeons. COVID-19 is just an additional risk that must be considered along with other hair transplant risks. Every patient and every operation is different, so there is no black and white answer to the question “Should I do a hair transplant?”
At the time of writing (27 June), the threat level in India is between 3 and 4 (from 1 to 5, 5 is the most serious). If India increases the level of threats that limit the social “stay at home”, we consider it too risky for patients and staff of Cyber Hairsure Clinic to travel to/from the clinic. After the social restrictions are unlocked and have continued elective selection, both the patient and staff can decide to continue the hair transplant.
As a clinic, we are committed to ensuring that risks for patients and staff are minimized, and we will continue to ensure that precautions are taken to reduce the risks associated with hair transplantation. If you want to ask us and make an appointment, contact Cyber Hairsure Clinic today.
Under the latest mandates from the central and state governments, all types of surgeries are done with all precautions, but waiting times may be longer than usual. However, Cyber Hairsure Clinic medical team is available to all customers who are planning to have a hair transplant and in need of a consultation, reviews, routine follow-up, aftercare, and maintenance.
We ensure that our clinic is regularly cleaned and disinfected throughout the day and that every patient enters a clean clinic for treatment or advice. We want to ensure that all our patients feel comfortable and can be sure that they enter a clean and safe environment.
We thank you for your cooperation in this challenging time. However, if you need help or have questions or concerns about planning or reviewing visits, please contact Cyber Hairsure clinic at for better support.
We, humanity, are in an unprecedented era, and everyone must do everything possible to ensure the safety of others from this invisible enemy. We at Cyber Hairsure Clinic are here to support you in everything during this difficult time. Contact us at 040 49540202 / 8331020202, and we offer you the best virtual assistance in the best way. We are all together in this matter.