A full head of thick, healthy, and strong hair is what most people desire. But unfortunately, many people are more likely to suffer from problems related to hair loss due to many factors, like age and heredity. The best way for these individuals to achieve the look...
Improve Hair Graft Survival for your Hair Transplant Success
Major innovations in the field of hair transplantation have come a long way. The technology and the tools used nowadays in Hair Transplants are so sophisticated that the patient has the minimum discomfort, almost invisible scarring, shorter healing periods, and less risk of infections. Due to all these advantages, those suffering from receding hairlines choose Hair Transplant surgeries with confidence. The success rates are also in the high 90s. By taking good care of the grafts before implantation, regular follow-ups, and post-surgical care, your new look will stay with you for a long time. The estimated survival rates for transplanted hair grafts are around 90-95% with proper processing. The maximum time it might take for the full results to be visible could be around 18 months.
Understanding Hair Transplantation Surgery briefly.
A hair transplant is a minimally-invasive surgery that can be done on both adult men and women. In this procedure, hair follicles from one part of the body (typically the scalp), known as the donor area, are transferred to the bald or thinning part, the recipient area. The most popular method adopted today is Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). A single graft, consisting of 1-4 hairs, is extracted from the donor area. Small channels are created in the recipient area using a small punch tool, and the follicular units are individually inserted to create natural-looking results.
Apart from the most popular FUE, there are other methods too:-
Direct hair implantation (DHI). In DHI, channel creation at the recipient site is not needed due to a specialist tool known as a Choi Implanter Pen.
Follicular unit transplantation (FUT), where a strip of hair is collected from the donor site.
How to improve Graft Survival rate in Hair Transplants?
After a hair transplant, graft survival is the key to best looking results. The survival rates are as high as 90-95%, which means hair transplanted from the donor area into the recipient area has a high chance of staying in good condition.
After the surgery, it is natural for the ‘shedding phase’, where up to 90% of the transplanted hair falls out. But the patient should not think this means that the procedure failed. The transplanted hair falls out, which doesn’t mean the procedure wasn’t successful. This is a natural and transient reaction of the body after the surgery, and new hair will re-grow in time. One can expect to start seeing results in 12 months, although it may take up to 18 months in some cases. The graft survival rate depends on various factors such as :
- Graft processing – The surgeons do not spend more than 10 minutes dissecting.
- Graft Placing time – Our specialists at BHT take not more than 3-4 minutes for graft placement.
Both these periods have shown to give the best survival chances for grafts.
- Identify time frames of graft survival for best results.
- If the grafts are not immediately transplanted, they must be kept in the fridge at 5°С only for 4 hours.
- Type of Hair – The natural hair’s type, shape, and characteristics impact the graft survival. If the person’s original hair is thick and curly, they can achieve greater coverage with fewer grafts transplanted from the donor site.
- The expertise of the Clinic and Doctor – hair transplant procedure impacts the person’s confidence. So, the clinic you choose must have the best environment setup and advanced equipment for the best results. The surgeons should be well versed in handling the grafts from the time they are collected at the donor site to the time they are transplanted. We at BHT have decades of experience, and we take pride in our surgeons for their ability to treat every type of hair loss. If you choose an under-qualified physician, they might damage your existing hair too.
- Post-Treatment Care – following post-operative guidelines ensures the best outcome. Your surgeon will give you guidelines so that you don’t damage the newly transplanted grafts. They will advise on hair wash, graft care, exposure to the sun, physical activity, and medication. It would help if you avoided too much strenuous exercise since it may lead to sweat, dangerous to the grafts. Also, avoid scratching so that the grafts are not disturbed.
We at BHT have the patient’s best interest at heart, which is the reason for our success. Our patient care starts when you contact us for your first consultation. Visit our website https://besthairtransplanthyd.com/ or reach us at 04049540202, 8331020202, or email@example.com.